This is a ridiculously long video of me demoing protein pancakes. I make the pancake batter and the frosting, so you can skip the end if you just want to know how to make the batter. Also, I haven’t gotten ready for the day yet so I’m a hot mess. Also, I never realized how much I say “like,” “amazing,” and “totally.” Also, my dog makes for a surprise ending.
I made “red velvet” pancakes with strawberry-vanilla cheesecake frosting, but you can play around and sub protein powder/Greek yogurt/pudding mix flavors. Chocolate pancakes with vanilla frosting would make awesome “Oreo” pancakes, just add a little bit of cocoa powder to the batter.
Things you will need:
- a griddle (or frying pan), a spatula, a spoon for mixing, a 1/3 cup measurer, a teaspoon measurer, a medium sized bowl, a blender (or food processor)
- protein powder of choice (any flavor)
- rolled oats
- baking powder
- an egg
- applesauce (or plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese)
- milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- Greek yogurt (any flavor - if you are making the frosting)
- sugar-free Jell-o pudding mix (any flavor - if you are making the frosting)